1 in 7 high school students seriously consider suicide. YOU can help make a difference by creating a short video (known as a PSA, or, public service announcement) to raise awareness for suicide prevention.
This is YOUR opportunity to reach out to those who are contemplating suicide and suffering in silence.
Instructions and guidelines for creating and submitting your video are below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
KnowResolve Teen Suicide Prevention PSA Contest Guidelines:
- Video should be NO longer than 3 minutes in length.
- Video should not contain profanity or nudity.
- Video should not glamorize suicide.
- Video should follow YouTube’s copyright tips
- Video MUST include one (or more) of the following stats:
- Suicide is the THIRD leading cause of death for youth ages 15 to 24
- 1 in 7 high school students seriously consider suicide
- Every 15 minutes, someone in the U.S. dies by suicide
- Video MUST include the following:
- Our URL (www.knowresolve.org)
- Our logo (download HERE – logo is white, PNG format, transparent bkgrd)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline #: 1-800-273-8255
Here are some concepts / themes to consider:
(these are just ideas, feel free to let your creative vision shine)
- Never keep thoughts of suicide a secret
- You are not alone
- Speak up. Reach out. Never Give up.
*** DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1st, 2013 ***
Instructions for submitting your video:
- Upload your video to your YouTube account
- Email the link to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your video will be reviewed, and if all the guidelines have been met, we’ll share it on our website and Facebook page.
The 5 videos with the most views by Friday, November 2nd will be reviewed by our Youth Advisory Council. They will choose their favorite video and the winner will receive $500 cash!