KnowResolve is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting mental health and preventing youth suicides through outreach, advocacy and education.
Our Goals are to:
• Educate students about facts, risk factors, and warning signs for suicide
• Spread the word that thoughts of suicide should never be kept a secret
• Connect those who are struggling to available resources
• Promote healthy coping skills.
Did You Know?
• Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth ages 15 to 24
• 1 in 7 high school students seriously consider suicide
• Untreated or undiagnosed mental health conditions are one of the
biggest risk factors for suicide
• Mental health conditions are common, and treatable
• Suicide is preventable; with help comes hope!
How You Can Help:
1 – Get Informed: Learn about the facts, myths, risk factors, and warning signs for suicide and available resources.
2 – Spread the Word: Tell your friends, family and co-workers about what we are doing by sharing our info and materials, by joining our mailing list online, and by sharing info through social media.
3 – Donate: We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and we rely on donations to operate. Please consider supporting one of our events, or making a tax-deductible donation – your support saves lives!
A Brief History: KnowResolve founder Dennis Liegghio was 14 years old when he lost his father to suicide and their last words were in anger. Dennis struggled for many years with guilt, shame, anger, depression and his own thoughts of suicide. It was a song called No Resolve that he wrote about this experience that was a turning point towards healing, and the inspiration for founding KnowResolve in the spring of 2007.